Since 1995, the ACS Committee on International Activities (IAC) has worked with Pittcon and the Wallace Coulter Foundation to facilitate participation at the conference by early career analytical chemists from developing countries. Funding from Pittcon and its sponsoring organizations subsidizes the travel costs of attendees and also provides complimentary conference registration and complimentary hotel rooms for the participants. Nominees represent industry, government, and academia.
Award Amount: The grant covers the following for all participants:
- Round trip economy class air travel up to $1,400
- Five-night shared hotel accommodations during the conference
- Complimentary conference registration
- A $400.00 allowance for meals, local expenses, and airport transfers
- Travel medical insurance coverage
Eligibility: Open to any early-career chemists who are citizens of the designated region of focus. The region of focus changes every year. ACS members are given preference as applicants, though ACS membership is not required.
Applications Due: TBD 2023. Visit the Pittcon Travel Grant webpage to access the application.