“Science Coaches is a joint American Chemical Society (ACS) and American Association of Chemistry Teachers (AACT) educational outreach initiative to enhance science skills in students in elementary, middle, and high schools by pairing chemists (coaches) with AACT teacher members. For 2020-2021, partners may hold meetings virtually to ensure the safety of all participants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Science Coaches is a unique opportunity for teachers to partner for a year with a chemist like you to:
- Provide advice on real-world applications of lessons, demos, or experiments
- Help develop and enhance lesson plans
- Mentor student research projects
- Promote inquiry-based learning
- Support classroom-based experiments
- Assist with chemical storeroom organization and safety
- and more
Benefits: Science Coaches One-on-One, The American Chemical Society donates $500 to the teacher’s school to enhance science education. At this time, a school donation is unavailable to teachers in Science Coaches Teams.
Eligibility: Please see website.
Applications due: TBD 2022