Science Coaches is a joint American Chemical Society (ACS) and American Association of Chemistry Teachers (AACT) educational outreach initiative to enhance science skills in students in elementary, middle, and high schools by pairing chemists (coaches) with AACT teacher members.
Science Coaches is a unique opportunity for teachers to partner for a year with a chemist like you to:
- Provide advice on real-world applications of lessons, demos, or experiments
- Help develop and enhance lesson plans
- Mentor student research projects
- Promote inquiry-based learning
- Support classroom-based experiments
- Assist with chemical storeroom organization and safety
- and more
Eligibility: Anyone with a chemistry background or expertise is encouraged to apply as a coach.