The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF–supported STEM disciplines who are pursing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited institutions in the United States.
Stipend: $37,000 annually
Fellows share in the prestige and opportunities that become available when they are selected. Fellowships provide the student with a three-year annual stipend of $37,000 along with a $16,000 cost of education allowance for tuition and fees (paid to the institution), as well as access to opportunities for professional development available to NSF-supported graduate students.
Where: Awardee’s educational institution in the United States
Length: Up to three years
Eligibility: Graduate students in NSF-supported STEM disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited US institutions;
Other eligibility requirements:
- be a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident
- intend to pursue a research-based Master’s or Ph.D. program in a GRFP-supported field
- be enrolled in an eligible program at an accredited United States graduate institution, with a US campus, by fall following selection
- be at an early stage in your graduate career
- have completed no more than one academic year of full-time graduate study (or the equivalent)
Applications due: TBD 2025