The HACU offers one of the best internship programs in the country. Participation in an internship is an invaluable opportunity to gain hands-on work experience, and HACU makes it possible by providing equal access to internship opportunities with multiple benefits:
- NO fees to apply for or participate in an HACU internship.
- All HACU internship positions are PAID.
- HACU will arrange housing in the internship location (optional).
- Travel to and from orientation, the work site, or both can be arranged at no cost to HACU interns.
- Provisions can be made for interns to receive academic credit.
- Free professional development activities are regularly offered during the course of the program.
Award Amount: Varies. Pay is based on a forty (40) hour work week and is distributed biweekly. Pay rates for all 2020 sessions are as follows: graduate ($680 per week).
Where: Varies. Federal agencies, nonprofits, and corporations partner with HNIP. Join the more than 12,000 program alumni and alumnae who have benefited from the exposure to industry, professional development, and mentoring and networking opportunities.
Eligibility: The HACU HNIP is open to all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or veteran status. Please see the website for complete requirements.
Applications Due: February 12, 2021