These scholarships are intended for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) programs who are either lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or an active ally of the LGBTQ+ community. The scholarships are designed to promote academic excellence and increased visibility of talented LGBTQ+ students in STEM careers.
Award amount: Two $5,000 scholarships (when funded) will be awarded each Fall for the academic year. One $5,000 scholarship will go to an undergraduate student, and one $5,000 scholarship will go to a graduate or professional-level student.
When: Fall Anually
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4-point scale
- Be an active supporter of and participant in programs or organizations that promote LGBTQ+ inclusion and visibility
- Successful completion of a minimum of two years of post-high school education at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Students enrolled in a graduate-level medical program are not eligible for the scholarship unless enrolled in a research dual-degree program (e.g. MD-PhD)
- Must be eligible for fall term registration at an accredited U.S. college or university and must not be under disciplinary sanction
Applications due: Anually, April 1 – the First Saturday of June, 11:59 Pacific Time